- Preparation time : 15 minutes,
- Cooking time : 40 minutes,
- Oven : Preheat to 180°C (350°F, gas mark 4),
- Calories per serving: 425
Ingredients – (Serves 4)
- 2 large 1 1/2 lb (700 g) or 4 small gutted trout
- 1 large onion
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dessertspoon sherry or white wine vinegar
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 dashes tabasco sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- for the avocado dip
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon natural yoghurt
- Peel and thinly slice the onion. Halve, de-seed and dice the pepper. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and vinegar and cook over a moderate heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the pepper and cook for a further 2 minutes. Then add the juice of one of the limes, 2 tablespoons of the parsley, and the tabasco. Mix thoroughly and remove from the heat.
- Brush an ovenproof dish with a little oil, place the trout in the dish and season lightly. Spoon over the onion and pepper mixture. Tighty cover the dish with foil and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, halve the avocado and remove the stone, then peel away the skin. Blend the avocado, the juice of the second lime, and the yoghurt together in a liquidiser – or mash them together with a fork.
- The dip can be gently heated before serving but should not be kept warm for too long.
- Garnish the baked trout and the dip with the remaining parsley. Serve the dip with the fish or in a separate bowl