- 4 fresh rainbow trout fillets
- 120g of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 red onion
- 2 teaspoons of paprika 4 fresh rainbow trout fillets
- Olive oil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place griddle pan on medium heat and 1 tables spoon of olive oil
2. Rub olive oil, a pinch of sea salt, black pepper and half a teaspoon of paprika into the flesh of each rainbow trout fillet (add chilli flakes if desired).
3. Cook skin side down for 3 minutes before tuning. Cook for a further 3 minutes flesh side down (try and avoid moving the fish too much and the fillet will develop the nice bars of color from the griddle pan).
4. Add a small pile of the spinach to the plate, sprinkle over thinly sliced red onions. Place rainbow trout fillet on to the spinach and onion and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Preparation Time: 2 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
Hope you like this rainbow trout recipe!